I find I often blog when things feel pretty doom & gloom or I’m wrestling with a problem… so after a really fantastic day, I thought “I need to blog about this too.”
First, I’ll mention that much of my thoughts have circled around the post-maternity leave decision. It’s a never-ending saga. At the end of the day, I want to live my life feeling productive, fulfilled and that I made a difference in others’ lives. Today I felt all of those things.
Here’s what I accomplished today:
- Folded laundry (hey – it’s a daunting task when you have like 6 loads piled up in front of you)
- Determined a solution for a friend’s problem (facing a high-risk pregnancy and was able to leverage our Vacation Bible School nursery to give her some much-needed rest)
- Found 2 job postings within my current company that are not related to my discipline but that are better aligned with my passion to serve others.
- Impromptu-tely (not a word…but I’m making it one) helped another friend unpack after her recent move.
- Cooked a dinner and entertained friends (so great to have a chance to catch up with them!)
- De-cluttered the laundry room.
- Responded to inquiries for my fledgling/casual resume writing business.
- Writing a blog post (it’s tricky to find time with 2 young ones!)
While nothing I accomplished was amazing, my soul is totally re-energized.
I feel blessed that I currently have the headspace and time to help friends in need and I wonder if returning to work will make that less of a possibility and whether the other things filling my time will drain my energy more than it will replenish it.
At any rate, today was a good example of how it feels to be busy & productive, working at things that are meaningful and give you joy…and I’m thinking it would be great to feel like this everyday. 🙂
Thank you for visiting and please feel free to share what things (big or small) help to re-energize your soul.
I’m happy. I’m thankful that I have the flexibility to spend time on the things that are important to me and give meaning to my life. I’m hopeful that I will listen to my heart and follow the path that provides more days like this, regardless of what others may think.